Search Suggestions
Close Search Suggestions
A - Z of Resident Services:
You are here:
Dropped Kerbs

Dropped Kerbs

A vehicular access, sometimes known as a dropped kerb, is constructed where you want to allow cars access to your property.

Dropped Kerb

Planning permission is required for dropped kerbs onto all classified roads (class A, B and C roads) and sometimes on unclassified roads, for example within a Conservation Area.

Pavement crossings (for car access) can only be carried out by authorised contractors. This is stipulated by Worcestershire County Council highway department.

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

If you are unsure whether you require planning permission or not contact the Worcestershire Hub 0845 607 2005

If you require a vehicle access onto the A46 please contact the Highways Agency on 08457 50 40 30




Further Information

In this section

More Information

See also in our website

External websites

  • Highways Agency
    The Highways Agency is an Executive Agency of the Department for Transport (DfT), and is responsible for operating, maintaining and improving the strategic road network in England on behalf of the Secretary of State for Transport.

We are not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more

Was this information helpful?

Please rate the content of this page
Would you like to provide any additional comments relating to the content of this page? Your feedback will help us to improve the content of our web pages

This page was last reviewed 16 April 2014 at 14:43.
The page is next due for review 13 October 2015.