After the floods
This advice is for people after flooding and
for those who have returned home following evacuation.
- Contact your insurer as soon as possible;
- Remember that gas and electricity should only be restored after
consultation with an approved contractor ;
- Throw away food that has come into contact with contaminated
water – even sealed or tinned food;
- Take photographs or video footage of all flood damage to your
property and personal possessions;
- Wear protective clothing when handling debris it may have come
into contact with contaminated water;
- Good ventilation is essential to dry your property - remember
to lock and secure your property when unoccupied and;
- Obtain several quotations before any repairs are undertaken.
Trader Register is a free online directory of home improvement
trades people who have given their commitment to provide good
workmanship. It's a great place to start!
- National Flood
- Worcestershire's Trader Register is a free online directory of
home improvement trades people who have given their commitment
to provide good workmanship.
- Highways Agency
The Highways Agency is an Executive
Agency of the Department for Transport (DfT), and is responsible
for operating, maintaining and improving the strategic road network
in England on behalf of the Secretary of State for Transport.
We are not responsible for the content of external sites.
This page was last reviewed 7 October 2013 at 17:05.
The page is next due for review 5 April 2015.