Search Suggestions
Close Search Suggestions
A - Z of Resident Services:
You are here:
Licences and Permits

Licences and Permits

Licences and permits

  • This section deals only with matters handled by the county council. 
  • For any other licences, go to Licensing

If you intend to place a skip, place scaffolding/hoarding or temporary traffic lights on the highway you need a permit from your local highway authority.

Worcestershire County Council (highway authority in Worcestershire) can authorise a road closure to allow road works to take place.

Road Closure

Temporary lane and road closure application forms plus guidance for applicants

Temporary Traffic Lights

How to place temporary traffic lights on the highway


Information on applying for a scaffolding licence

This includes:

  • Placing scaffolding or other objects on the highway
  • How to change a licence
  • How to extend a licence
  • Application process and costs.


Including how to place a skip on the highway, extend a skip permit, become an approved skip operator and how to make changes to an approved skip operator's details.

TMA Notice Form

Road space booking and registration of works required by developers, private contractors and other contractors working directly on behalf of WCC are made using the TMA Notice Form, once agreement has been made by WCC officers.

This should be sent to the relevant team who will then enter the information into the Streetworks System.
It is the developers/contractors responsibility to ensure road space is booked, however, the works promoter from WCC may complete this on their behalf.

The details required are as shown on the TMA Notice Form and consist of:

  • Applicant Details (Name, Address, Telephone Number)
  • Scheme Details (Description of Works, Location Details, Traffic Management Details)
  • Proposed start and finish dates
  • 24 hour contact number

The form is only applicable to Section 278 works submitted by developers, private contractors applying for vehicle access crossings and other contractors working directly on behalf of Worcestershire CC.

Please note works that require traffic management will need to be applied for in addition to this form. Application forms can be found by following this link licences and permits.

Please complete the TMA Notice Form

Contact Us

If you have a query about an issue on the highway or would like more up to date information, please contact the Worcestershire Hub on 0845 607 2005 where a Customer Service Advisor will assist you further.

For skip and scaffolding queries please contact us in the first instance at

Frequently Asked Questions

Further Information

In this section

More Information

See also in our website

External websites

We are not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more

Was this information helpful?

Please rate the content of this page
Would you like to provide any additional comments relating to the content of this page? Your feedback will help us to improve the content of our web pages

This page was last reviewed 13 June 2014 at 8:52.
The page is next due for review 10 December 2015.