Search Suggestions
Close Search Suggestions
A - Z of Resident Services:
You are here:
Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions


How many people live and work in Worcestershire?

According to the most recent ONS population estimates for mid-2010, there are 557,400 people currently living in Worcestershire.  In 2009, around 233,800 were in employment (Business Register and Employment Survey).    

How do I sign up to or remove someone from the Worcestershire Viewpoint Panel?

You can find out about the Worcestershire Viewpoint, including how to sign up to, or opt out of the panel. Worcester Viewpoint FAQS

How much crime/ASB is there in my area?

The Research & Intelligence Unit produces monthly crime reports which can be found here. Crime Reports

Where can I find out about my local area?

You can find detailed information about your District, Ward or Electoral Division through our Area Profiles.

How many people are unemployed in Worcestershire?

The Office for National Statistics publishes details of the number of people claiming Jobseekers Allowance on a monthly basis; we include the latest figures in our Monthly County Economic Summary, which also summarises local and national economic news stories. Economic Summary

Which industrial sectors employ most people in Worcestershire?

Almost 16% of Worcestershire's workforce is employed in Manufacturing, with Heath (11%), Retail (11%) and Education (10%) also sizeable employers.

What do people in Worcestershire earn on average?

On average, people who live in Worcestershire and work full-time (either in Worcestershire or outside the county) earn £25,245 per annum.  People who work full-time in Worcestershire and who live either in Worcestershire or elsewhere earn £23,186 on average.

What is the area of Worcestershire?

Worcestershire covers an area of 670 square miles, 1,735.3 square kilometres or 173,529 hectares.         

Can the Research & Intelligence Unit print maps of my local area for me?

Worcestershire County Council is a member of the Public Sector Mapping Agreement (PSMA) with Ordnance Survey.  This determines when the council are allowed to provide maps to individuals and other organisations. 

If you are undertaking work for Worcestershire County Council, or supporting us in the delivery of the councils core business, we may be able to provide maps to support your work. 

If you require maps for personal, leisure or general interest purposes, it is unlikely we will be able to provide maps to you and we recommend you visit the Ordnance Survey website

Further Information

In this section

More Information

See also in our website

External websites

We are not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more

Was this information helpful?

Please rate the content of this page
Would you like to provide any additional comments relating to the content of this page? Your feedback will help us to improve the content of our web pages

This page was last reviewed 29 May 2013 at 15:01.
The page is next due for review 25 November 2014.