Search Suggestions
Close Search Suggestions
A - Z of Resident Services:
You are here:
Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQs about School Information

School Information Questions

How can I get a copy of a Lost examination Certificate?

Read this PDF document Lost Examination Certificate (PDF)

Who is the County contact for the Duke of Edinburgh Award?

Ms Jules Issacs-Garfield, Accreditation Officer who is based at Droitwich Youth House and can be contacted on 01905 771386.

How are school term dates determined?

The Education (School Day and School Year) (England) Regulations 1999 (SI 1999 No. 3181 (External Website)) require schools to have at least 380 half-day sessions (190 days) in each school year, beginning with the first term to start after July. This is consistent with the 195 days a year required by a teacher's statutory conditions of service: the additional five days are for in-service training. Worcestershire LA publishes a 195 day calendar and it is left up to the individual school to decide when the training days take place.

Every spring the LA consults on term dates for the next academic year plus one and once agreed they are published in the summer term of the current academic year

How can I make a complaint about a school?

Please read the Non-Curriculum Complaints Guidance factsheet produced by the Parent Partnership Service.

From the 1st August 2012 the law on complaints about schools changed. The Local Authority no longer has any role in the investigation of complaints. All complaints will need to be referred direct to the schools. Complainants should request a copy of the schools complaints policy which will lay out the procedure that the school will be following when investigating the complaint.
Impartial advice can be obtained from the Parent Partnership Service on 01905 610858. 
Complaints at Stage 4, following a Governors Complaint Panel, if unresolved should be sent to the Secretary of State for Education, Sanctuary Buildings, Great Smith Street, London, SW1P 3BT

What do I do if my child is being bullied, or is bullying?

Please read the Anti-Bullying factsheet produced by the Parent Partnership Service.

Impartial advice can be obtained from the Parent Partnership Service on 01905 610858.  

Further Information

In this section

More Information

See also in our website

External websites

Was this information helpful?

Please rate the content of this page
Would you like to provide any additional comments relating to the content of this page? Your feedback will help us to improve the content of our web pages

This page was last reviewed 29 April 2014 at 13:18.
The page is next due for review 26 October 2015.