Sexual Health Services in Worcestershire
On 1st July 2012 responsibility for commissioning Worcestershire
Specialist Sexual Health Services transferred to the Joint
Commissioning Unit (JCU) of Worcestershire County Council from the
Public Health Team of NHS Worcestershire.
Sexual Health Needs Assessment
Since July, the JCU, together with the Public Health, worked
with the Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust and other
providers of services to carry out a sexual health needs assessment
(SHNA) as the first stage in a review of the strategic
commissioning of sexual health services in Worcestershire. This
included a consultation with service users and members of the
The sexual health services reviewed included:
- Specialist Sexual Health Services provided by Worcestershire
Health and Care Trust:
- Contraception and reproductive health care services, including
- Genito-urinary Medicine (GUM) services
- Time 4U services delivered at Level 2
- Vasectomy services
- Sexual health and psychosexual counselling
- Prisons service
- Sexual health education and promotion
- Chlamydia screening
- Early Medical Termination (EMT) service
- Pregnancy assessment and support service
- Time 4U services delivered at Level 1 by school health
- C-Card scheme
- Diva website service
Assessment of Sexual Health Needs in the Worcestershire Population
(PDF 1.2 MB) was published in March 2013 which includes
recommendations for service improvement. Commissioners
are now working with the providers to implement these
enquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 01905 765864.
- Worcestershire Health and Care NHS
Worcestershire Health and Care Trust was formed on 1st July 2011
from Worcestershire Mental Health Partnership Trust and
Worcestershire PCT's Provider Arm to provide community and mental
health services to the population of Worcestershire.
- Playin' It Safe
Playin' It Safe has everything you need to know about sexual health
and relationships, as well as lots of useful information about
where to go in Worcestershire for free and confidential advice and
support on a range of issues.
We are not responsible for the content of external sites.
This page was last reviewed 31 July 2014 at 13:50.
The page is next due for review 27 January 2016.