Search Suggestions
Close Search Suggestions
A - Z of Resident Services:
You are here:
Am I Eligible


Assistive Technology in Worcestershire logo

Assistive Technology

Will I qualify for assistive technology from the County Council?

circlesAssistive technology services are provided through the County Council for adults who are struggling to manage to live independently because of health problems or because of their disability. Assistive technology is also available to support Carers in their caring role. Our Assistive Technology Team provide an assessment and can access a wide range of equipment.

In order to receive a service you can be referred by a social worker or health care professional. You can also make a direct referral for Assistive Technology through the Access Centre who will check that your needs meet the Council’s eligibility criteria for a service to be provided.

You will then be assessed by the Assistive Technology Team who can, if appropriate, provide equipment which will be loaned to you free of charge.

Where this equipment links to a Call Monitoring Centre, you will be required to pay the weekly monitoring charge.

If you do not meet the social care services criteria, you can still receive free advice and information from our Assistive Technology Team about purchasing Telecare items for yourself.

Was this information helpful?

Please rate the content of this page
Would you like to provide any additional comments relating to the content of this page? Your feedback will help us to improve the content of our web pages

This page was last reviewed 15 May 2013 at 19:49.
The page is next due for review 11 November 2014.