Search Suggestions
Close Search Suggestions
A - Z of Resident Services:
You are here:
Travel Assistance (Post 16)

Travel Assistance (Post 16)

The Authority provides travel assistance to full time students continuing into further education provided the following criteria are met.

  • You must live in Worcestershire
  • You must be under 19 when the course commences
  • You should attend the establishment that is nearest to your home address.
  • You must live more than 3 miles from the school or college

Transport assistance will only be provided to the nearest establishment to offer the desired level of course.

Form Apply online for Travel Assistance for Students aged 16 - 19 in full time further education


How to apply for travel assistance

Applications must be made on the Post 16 Travel Assistance form (PDF 997 KB) if assistance is approved a request for payment will be sent. To guarantee assessment for September, please send forms to reach us before the end of the Summer Term.

Visit our Price Structure page.

For more information regarding Transport Policy Statements visit the Government Transport Page.

Severn Card

If your child is not entitled to travel assistance, or isn't offered a seat on the Vacant Seat Payment Scheme and can utilise public transport, you can apply for a Severn Card. Choose between a Worcester or Worcestershire Severn Card which entitles your child to travel on services within the stated area (Worcester or Worcestershire). Visit the Severn Card web page for details.

Was this information helpful?

Please rate the content of this page
Would you like to provide any additional comments relating to the content of this page? Your feedback will help us to improve the content of our web pages

This page was last reviewed 7 February 2014 at 11:48.
The page is next due for review 6 August 2015.