Individual Child SLCN Pathway
(Early Years and School-age)
The Individual Child SLCN Pathway flowchart
- Sets out the process of identification of need, assessment and
intervention for children with SLCN
- Aims to provide guidance as well as links to further
information that will help secure judgements to be made in relation
to the nature of the child's SLCN
- Is intended for anyone involved with the child
- Can be initiated by parents and/or any professional who may
come into contact with the child. In settings and schools,
practitioners would need to discuss their concerns with the SENCo
or equivalent member of staff. The role of the SENCo is crucial in
ensuring all early steps of intervention have been implemented and
in coordinating additional provision.
6 Individual Child Pathway (PDF 188 MB)
The Individual Child SLCN Pathway flowchart covers the
following levels of support:
- Initial Concerns and Early Warning Signs
- Early Years / School Action
- Early Years / School Action Plus
Range of needs
This section also looks at the range of needs that might be addressed by
the SLCN Pathway.
© Worcestershire County Council and
Worcestershire PCT 2011.
We are not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more
This page was last reviewed 17 May 2013 at 13:41.
The page is next due for review 13 November 2014.